Start Your Own Business
- Do you have a business idea?
- Would you like to work for yourself?
- Are you an existing business that is struggling and at risk of failure?
You may be eligible to access Self-Employment Assistance
Self-Employment Assistance is a fully Government funded program available to anyone with a viable business idea. It helps participants to start a business with training, mentoring support for 12 months and income support for 9 months*. We can also offer a flexible range of support options detailed below.
Please note that ABS is only contracted to provide Self-Employment Assistance in Perth North (up as far as Two Rocks) and Perth South (down as far as Waroona) in Western Australia.
About Self-Employment Assistance
Self-Employment Assistance allows people to choose the support that best fits their needs to run a successful small business and will replace the New Business Assistance with NEIS program. The program is funded by the Australian Federal Government and is aimed at assisting people to explore the opportunities of self-employment as an alternative choice to gaining full-time work.
The program offers flexible services including:
- Exploring Self-Employment Workshops
- Small Business Training
- Help to develop a Business Plan
- Small Business Coaching
- Business Health Checks, and
- Business Advice Sessions
If you have a good idea for starting your own business or need help with an existing business that’s struggling and at risk of failing Self-Employment Assistance may be able to help.
Self-Employment Assistance Program Provides
- Training in small business management, business skills and business plan development (Online & class based options available)
- A 9-month allowance equivalent to the JobSeeker Payment *
- Business advice and mentoring during the first year of business operation.
- The program DOES NOT provide any start-up grants or loans.
Successful applicants will receive income support* and a trained, highly experienced business mentor for 12 months.
Self-Employment Assistance is a Federally Funded Workforce Australia Program, administered by the Department of Employment & Workplace Relations.
Any applications or interest from other States need to contact their local Workforce Australia provider to find the location of their nearest Self-Employment Assistance managing agent.
*if you are in receipt of an eligible Centrelink benefit