To allow people the opportunity to transition to self-employment from full-time work or study, the Department of Employment & Workplace Relations have expanded the eligibility of the Self-Employment Assistance program. You can now turn your side hustle into your full-time career with the free Self-Employment Assistance program.
In today’s fast-paced and ever-evolving job market, the concept of traditional full-time employment is undergoing a transformation. Many individuals are seeking more flexible and self-directed career paths through self-employment. The good news is that there has been a significant shift in the perception of self-employment, and now, even those working full-time can explore self-employment opportunities with the assistance they need. In this article we will explore the recent changes that have made it possible for full-time workers to tap into the free Self-Employment Assistance program and how this change is empowering individuals to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.
The Changing Landscape of Employment
The way we work has been changing rapidly over the last few decades. Gone are the days when people expected to spend their entire career at one company, climbing the corporate ladder. Today, workers value flexibility, autonomy, and a better work-life balance. They are increasingly drawn to self-employment, where they can be their own boss, set their own hours, and pursue their passions.
However, the transition to self-employment can be challenging, especially for those who are accustomed to the stability of full-time employment. This is where Self-Employment Assistance comes into play, helping individuals navigate the intricacies of entrepreneurship and providing them with valuable resources and support.
Full-Time Workers Embracing Self-Employment
Until recently, Self-Employment Assistance (formerly NEIS) was primarily aimed at unemployed or underemployed individuals, however, the changing nature of work has led to a shift in policy and perception. Now, full-time workers are also eligible for these programs, opening up exciting possibilities for career growth and financial independence.
Here are some key reasons why full-time workers are increasingly considering self-employment:
- Diverse Income Streams: Self-employment allows individuals to diversify their income streams. While maintaining a full-time job, they can explore side gigs, freelance work, or even start a small business, reducing financial dependence on a single employer.
- Pursuing Passions: Many full-time workers have dreams and passions that may not align with their current jobs. Self-employment offers them the opportunity to turn their hobbies or interests into a profitable venture.
- Flexibility and Control: Self-employment provides the freedom to set your own schedule and work from anywhere. This flexibility is especially appealing to those seeking a better work-life balance.
- Economic Uncertainty: In an ever-changing economy, self-employment can provide a safety net. It allows individuals to adapt to economic shifts and become more resilient in the face of job instability.
The Role of Self-Employment Assistance
Self-employment assistance offers a wide range of benefits to full-time workers looking to venture into self-employment:
- Education and Training: The program provides training and resources to help individuals develop essential entrepreneurial skills, such as business planning, marketing, and financial management.
- Coaching: 12 months of small business coaching with a professional business coach. We have experienced coaches who can offer guidance and support as you start and grow your business. These coaches can help you identify areas where you need improvement and provide you with advice on how to overcome challenges. They will meet with you bi-monthly to ensure you stick to your plan and reach your goals.
- Business Advice Sessions are one-hour, one-on-one sessions with a business advisor. They can give you advice on starting your own small business or running an existing one. We can tailor these sessions to meet your needs. They can involve:
- getting advice on starting your own business
- improving your business’ commercial viability
- advice a range of other small business-related matters
- referral to other small business support networks.
- Access to Resources: We can link you with a wide range of resources and support to help you navigate the challenges of entrepreneurship. From where to get legal advice, free digital assistance to get your business online or low cost workshops. You will be surprised to know how many tools and resources are out there!
- $300 payment to help cover eligible start up costs like insurance (payable for those commencing small business coaching)
The landscape of employment is evolving rapidly, and full-time workers are now eligible for Self-Employment Assistance, making it easier than ever to explore entrepreneurial opportunities. With the right support and resources, you can successfully make the transition from full-time employment to self-employment, gaining more control over your career and financial future.
Get in quick! Contact us today to find out more or to apply for this fantastic opportunity. The eligibility change is temporary and will revert back on the 30th of June 2024. For further information about Self-Employment Assistance visit our website.