Start Your Own Business
- Do you have a business idea?
- Would you like to work for yourself?
- You may be eligible to access New Business Assistance with NEIS
NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme) is a fully Government funded program available to anyone with a viable business idea. It helps participants to start a business with training, mentoring support for 12 months and income support for 9 months*. Please note that ABS are only contracted to provide New Business Assistance with NEIS in Perth North (up as far as Two Rocks) and Perth South (as far as Waroona) in Western Australia.
New Business Assistance with NEIS is a self-employment program funded by the Australian Federal Government aimed at assisting unemployed people to explore the opportunities of self-employment as an alternative choice to gaining full time work.
If you have a good idea for starting your own business then New Business Assistance with NEIS may be able to help.
New Business Assistance with NEIS Provides:
- Training in small business management, business skills and business plan development
(Online options available)
- A 9-month allowance equivalent to the JobSeeker Payment (Formally Newstart Allowance)*
- Business advice and mentoring during the first year of business operation.
- The NEIS program DOES NOT provide any start-up grants or loans.
Successful applicants will receive income support* and a trained, highly experienced business mentor for 12 months.
New Business Assistance with NEIS is a Federally Funded Employment Services Program, administered by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Any applications or interest from other States need to contact their local Services Australia or Job Active provider to find the location of their nearest NEIS Managing Agent.
*if you are in receipt of an eligible Centrelink benefit