Jobseeker Eligibility for NEIS:
- have a viable business idea
- be at least 18 years of age when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
- be available to participate in required training and work full-time* in your proposed NEIS business
- not be an undischarged bankrupt
- have not received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity in the previous 12 months
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or and overseas student studying in Australia
*or less hours as allowed where someone has been assessed as having a partial capacity to work, or reduced work participation requirements, or those who are volunteers to employment services.
Business Eligibility for NEIS:
- not currently operating on a commercial basis
- capable of withstanding public scrutiny and lawful
- assessed as commercially viable by ABS as a NEIS Provider
- not based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business
- established, located and operated solely within Australia
Note: There are no grants, loans or other start up financial assistance other than the income support mentioned above. There is also no ability to extend the 12 month New Business Assistance with NEIS.