Jobseeker Eligibility for NEIS:
- have a viable business idea
- be at least 18 years of age when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
- be available to participate in required training and work full-time* in your proposed NEIS business
- not be an undischarged bankrupt
- have not received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity in the previous 12 months
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or and overseas student studying in Australia
*or less hours as allowed where someone has been assessed as having a partial capacity to work, or reduced work participation requirements, or those who are volunteers to employment services.
Business Eligibility for NEIS:
- not currently operating on a commercial basis
- capable of withstanding public scrutiny and lawful
- assessed as commercially viable by ABS as a NEIS Provider
- not based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business
- established, located and operated solely within Australia
Note: There are no grants, loans or other start up financial assistance other than the income support mentioned above. There is also no ability to extend the 12 month NEIS program.